Saturday, August 15, 2009

My computer is going crazy! It freezes at anything and everything!?

When I hover my mouse over something, 2 minutes and 18 seconds JUST to change the cursor, as in when you hover a link sometimes the arrow changes into a hand? It takes that long just to do that. Then, when I take it off the link to change back to an arrow, another 2 minutes. ANYtime I click something it takes forever and it says "not responding" so I have to wait about 5 minutes just to get to a link. CRTL ALT DELETE takes 3 minutes, minimizing/maximizing/closing programs takes about 1 minute and 30 seconds. And--well, you get the point.



The other day I found RegCure and had a free scan and found 925 errors in my registry but I didn't buy it so I used my trusty CCleaner but I don't know if it got all the errors or whats wrong. I'm pretty sure all my trojan horses and viruses are removed, but in my AGV free addition virus vault-somehow I can't cure the viruses and trojan horses- so those are stuch there too. (continued in next post in details)



My computer is going crazy! It freezes at anything and everything!?nortan



AVG is great for protecting your computer as long as you do regular scans, do a major scan atleast once a week. I also use spyware terminator and comodo firewall which are fantastic freeware programs. try defragging your computer (in 'my computer' right click on the C drive and go to properties, select the tools tab and then click on the defrag button, this can take a few hours so start it when you go to bed or something).

No comments:

Post a Comment