Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Odd pop up.. maybe a virus.... all end in ".exe" how do I stop it?

I have DSL and every once in a while... maybe twice a day, I will get a pop up message stating that "ipwins.exe" has occured a problem and will shut down immediatly... I dont know what this is... I have also had "b116.exe", "b103.exe" and "b122.exe" do this. I dont know much about software but someone suggested i diconnect my internet and then find and deleate these files... i have but they still somehow get back onto my computor. I do not download anything, and ever since I have had these boxes popping up I have also had AD's randomly popping up on my computor screen, even when I am not using anything to do with internet. They get very annoying, and usually relate to ringtones or smileys. I dont know what to do... We have the free version of AGV but it doesnt seem to find anything wrong. What should I do?



Odd pop up.. maybe a virus.... all end in ".exe" how do I stop it?



Whoaaaa! I did a Google search on Ipwins.exe; if you want to see something interesting, do it yourself; evidently it is indeed pure Spyware ... get rid of it! AVG, at least the free version, is ONLY AN ANTI-VIRUS (I think?), and will do you very little good against Spyware. Either you will have to pay and get a better AV, or download the many excellent Spyware removers, many of the free, and start from there. Good luck.



Odd pop up.. maybe a virus.... all end in ".exe" how do I stop it?antivirus downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment