Monday, August 17, 2009

I installed the AGV anti virus on my computer. Now I'm getting a message about conflicting Anti

I have the online protection from AT%26T Yahoo! I put the AGV on there to get rid of a virus/trojan. Now when I start up I'm getting a message that I need to remove the AGV to run the AT%26T virus software? I'm not sure what to do. I'm also getting a message that windows can't find C:\windows\system32\proper.exe so I think I still have something on my computer that I need to get off. I guess this is two questions, but I'd appreciate any help on this.



I installed the AGV anti virus on my computer. Now I'm getting a message about conflicting Anti virus?abtuvurys 2005



Never run two anti-virus programs at the same time. They will fight each other and cause all kinds of problems. Remove one of them (probably the AVG) at once. Go to the Control Panel and the Add/Remove icon and uninstall AVG.



The "proper.exe" error is probably because that file was deleted, but a reference that calls that file was not. Click on the Start button and select Run. Type in: msconfig



In the windows that appears go to the Start Up tab



Look down the list of items for any reference to proper.exe. When you find it, check that line so that your computer will not attempt to load the file in the future.



Finally, go to http://ccleaner.com and down their free Ccleaner program. Run the registery cleaner in that and it should permanently remove the registry entries that is calling proper.exe.

No comments:

Post a Comment