Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Has my computer got a virus? It's set to request a receipt, and I keep getting them with the su

from people I don't think I've ever heard of. Is it a virus please? and if so, how do I deal with it? I'm running AGV anti virus



Has my computer got a virus? It's set to request a receipt, and I keep getting them with the subject 'Fish'antivirus download



Ok. First of all DON'T open any Email from senders you don't know. If it has an attachment and is from someone you don't know, definitely DOUBLE DON'T open it.



If you haven't opened any of the suspect Emails then you should be OK, just delete them, but if you have opened any of them, then you may have been infected. The good news is that not all spam will infect your computer, as some of it is simply 'Phishing' i.e it will claim to be from a bank and ask you for your account detail's, including user name and password (there are a number of variants but all on a similar theme). If you think it's Phishing don't reply to it, just delete it.



For the worst case scenario and you have opened an infected attachment then I could make this answer about 20 pages long, however if you go to Download.com they have a pretty good set of guides to help beginners fight back and are written in easy to understand detail and a number of free anti-virus/spyware/malware software is available, some with tutorials.



http://www.download.com/Antivirus-Firewa...

No comments:

Post a Comment