Monday, August 17, 2009

Ive got agv anti-virus and avg anti-spyware...is that good enough?

One antivirus,two antispyware( http://www.top5antispyware.info/index.ph... )



And also one firewall(Z.A)



Ive got agv anti-virus and avg anti-spyware...is that good enough?auto protect



Yep.



Ive got agv anti-virus and avg anti-spyware...is that good enough?downloads



If you are happy with them, but not sure whether they are doing the job, have a go at the free online scan from McAfee on



http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.as...



it will only find them, not clean them. But at least you'll know if what you have got is keeping you clean. It takes a while, as it does a big scan of everything, and you have to be online as it does. Broadband is best to do it, not dialup, as that would take forever.



If you want spyware protection too, as suggested by someone else, have spywareblaster, but also include spybot search and destroy, they compliment each other, in fact they recognise each other, though made by different companies.
Yes!!! In my opinion and what i've seen so far of the programs is great.



My comp was fully infected big time. I just had my laptop re-formatted, it wipes your comp clean to start again, but makesure you back up files you want to keep. Then you download AVG anti-virus and then AVG anti-spyware (Free). These programs will keep your comp protected.
I'm with smurfcrazie, except that if you have broadband you need a firewall whether you have XP, ME, or another OS. The day my Comcast Cable tech installed our cable internet, he told me I would also need a firewall; he mentioned/recommended Black Ice (which apparently [according to my just-now web search] isn't available anymore); I didn't get that brand because I couldn't afford it. I use McAfee because I get it free as a member; if I had to buy, I would buy that or Norton. Using free, I would use AVG, and Zone Alarm (firewall).
I have both AVG anitvirus and anti-spyware as well.But i also do have spybot search and destroy and ad-aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment