Monday, August 17, 2009

AGV making my computer run slow?

I downloaded free AGV as everyone said it was great but it made my computer run very slow and I don't understand why - any idea's. I uninstalled it and it's back to normal. I also have Spybot on but all advice seems to be that they should run fine together.



AGV making my computer run slow?adware



Try adding more RAM.



AGV making my computer run slow?antivirus scan



It will be running slow because every time you boot up your computer and log on AVG starts to scan your files for infections....AVG is very good and all you need to do is stop the scan and your computer will run at normal speed,open up the scan progress page and click cancel scan...but you need to let the AVG scan your files every now and then



Spybot is fine to have on your pc with AVG
maybe your machine is riddled with viruses ? avg is picking them up



no firewall also? if you don't.. it will slow down very soon.



if your running xp with less than 1gb of ram, that will be issue



www.filehippo.com



go there , avg + zone alarm + ccleaner



run ccleaner registry fix + cleaner tabs... reboot.. see if u get any improvment



then a FULL scan in safe mode for a start.
AVG should not make your computer run slow unless your doing a scan than try moving the slide scanner to slow scan from automatic (default setting).Also disable the AVG safe search plugin if using firefox or IE7 as it slows the internet browsing down slightly.left click tools%26gt;manage add ons disable AVG safe search.
I agree you need more ram to run it because the new version is not the same as the old one. Also the new free avg dose not offer free support so you may want to get a better anti-virus anyways.
Some anti-virus programs are known to make computers run slow. It's probably because your computer doesn't meet the system requirements. You need more RAM so your computer can run the program smoothly.
Likewise, my husband said install it, I had spybot on but he told me to take it off and install AGV. My laptop has been going slow also.
New AVG Free 8 made my pc run very very slow, that slow I took it off.. I'm running 2GB of RAM.. Glad I moved away from AVG now as it seems it's 'bloatware' to me..
close the program, right click on its icon in the taskbar

No comments:

Post a Comment